Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Swim Lessons :)


Brooklyn and Beckam start swimming lessons!
They weren't sure if they wanted to go in the water, so I had to get in with them the first few times -but once I was in, they were good to go.


Here he is braving up the courage to get in by himself.


His first day, he just sat on the side and watched his sister go off into the big blue pool. He loves the water, but wasn't sure why he had to get in with a stranger. Day #2 was much better and by day #3 I didn't have to get in with them anymore.

Brookyn floating on her back. She is doing such a good job. She has picked on everything pretty quickly and looks forward to jumping in that water!



Beckam's turn! He went willingly with the instructor and allowed her to teach him what he was supposed to learn. Every once in a while he would look back at me to make sure I was still there or to smile at me because he did a trick in the water. It has been so fun to watch them learn survival skills in the water. I would see their little faces concentrating so hard to try something new, then they did it and were so proud of themselves. I think I just sit there grinning from ear to ear as I watch them.


This is the one time he looked back at me and cried for my attention, but before I got to him he was fine again so, he finished his lesson.

This is the beginning stages of becoming pool-safe! They have already learned so much. Bath-time now consists of showing me tricks they have learned at swimming lessons.

No comments: