I was just realizing the other day how many wierd and random little things I do or say are from random childhood moments: some make me laugh, some psyche me out, and some just make me cry...but all interesting nonetheless.
I noticed that I shake water off of me after swimming before I dry off with a towel...why? I recall an experience from childhood when my family went to our notorious spot at Bear Lake. I got out of the lake, and shivering in my little 5-year-old skin, asked my dad for a towel. His response was, "just shake it off!" and I did!!!! Crazy how that has stuck with me.
Another thing that has stuck with me is snuggling. Everyone knows I grew up in a large family, so I never had a room (or a bed for that matter) to myself. Now, I seriously sleep with pillows surrounding my entire body...I'm not comfortable unless I am all snuggled up. If Jason's not right next to me, then a pillow is. Although, pillows are a nice replacement for the bumbs that once surrounded me from childhood years. Anyone who knows me or my family can just laugh at that one!
I would love to hear what has stuck with you! Hopefully I'm not the only crazy one.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Chels; I have a funny one. Every time I brush my hair, I hold my forehead with the hand that's not holding the brush. I think it's so weird that I do it, and I finally realized that it's because when I was a kid my mom would brush my hair really hard and had no mercy to how hard it hurt. But if I held my head then it would support it and it wouldn't pull as much or hurt as much. So now I just do it.
I have a funny one. When I was a kid my mom had no mercy to how tough she was when she'd brush my hair. Because it hurt so bad I would hold my forehead with my hand so that it gave my head some support and wouldn't hurt as bad. So now when I brush my hair I hold my forehand with the hand that's not holding the brush, even though it doesn't hurt anymore. It's completely habitual.
ha ha...I just realized that my first comment didn't disappear like I though but that you have to approve it first. I was so annoyed that I had to rewrite it!
How are you? It was fun to check out your blog! I have seen or talk to you in forever! Your kids are darling! I'll have to check in from time to time! Hope you don't mind! Oh and this post made me smile! Crystal
I'm so glad you left a comment. It is fun to see you have a blog and catch up on your life. You have adorable kids. Thanks for your sweet compliment. It mean a lot because I have always had such respect for. I'm glad it looks like life is going so well. You guys deserve every happiness.
Janae
Hey Chel, your blog is cute and I peek in on it often, don't alway's have time to leave a message, but today is a lazy day and I am leaving everyone one to let them know I am alway's looking in on them. It take's a lonnngggg time! Love you
Post a Comment