Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Tribute To Our Sweet JULIE ("Monga")


Tribute to an angel: Julie Kizerian is Jason's mom, my mother-in-law, the grandmother of my children, and a heaven-sent angel among the living. She is one of those people you meet and feel so uplifted and inspired by after you're finished talking to. She loves her family more than anything else in the world and it shows through her constant giving and sacrifice of self to make them happy and comfortable. She has been my personal coach and leader ever since I have known her. She has loved me since the day she met me and treats me like I'm one of her own...which is a lot for a mother-in-law to do sincerely. I love her too! Julie might be tiny on the outside, but has energy like the energizer bunny. She is everywhere doing everything at the same time, and it's usually doing something for someone else...anyone else besides herself.
But, now she is forced to think of herself for a change. She was diagnosed with cancer a couple of months ago. At first, the doctor said the tumor he found was nothing that looked too serious, but that he would just watch it over the next several months...well, because Julie lives her life so in sync with the spirit, she chose to have it operated on anyway and that was the beginning of what I will call "the road to recovery".
She is now going through chemo treatments and is enduring it as best as anyway I have ever seen. She amazes us all at her constant enthusiasm for life and desire to continue giving and giving and giving to her family. And through all this hardship she is going through, her biggest hangup is that she can't come to Utah for the birth of her first grandson. Our baby boy is coming soon and will definitely miss seeing his grandma, but will hopefully give her the strength to keep fighting knowing that they will meet SOON.
Julie, you are in our thoughts and prayers always. We love you and faithfully await your recovery!

1 comment:

Michael Wollman said...

Julie is the mother of all mothers, the friend of all friends, an inspiration to all who are blessed to know her, and fortunately I can say that I she has been all of these things to me.